Tips for Riding the Bus
- Using the MATS system map, decide where you want to go.
- The bus will stop only at designated MATS Bus stops throughout the Muskegon metro area.
- Determine if you need to transfer to another route to reach your destination.
- Always be at the bus stop five (5) minutes before the published bus stop time. Actual departure times may be affected by traffic conditions, weather, or other unforeseen events.
- As the bus approaches, confirm the route name by checking the LED sign above the windshield.
- Have the exact fare or your bus pass ready. (Driver’s are unable to make change).
- Once you’ve paid your fare move to a vacant seat.
- About one block before your destination, pull the bell cord located above and between the windows.
- Call MATS for more information at 231-724-6420.