Skip to main content
Rules for Riding the Buses
- MATS reserves the right to deny service or to have a passenger removed from the bus or MATS property for displaying poor conduct or violating system rules.
- Have the exact fare or bus pass ready; drivers are unable to make change.
- Ask for transfers immediately upon boarding.
- If accessing reduced fares, you must show your Reduced-Fare Card each time you board the bus.
- Keep aisles clear. Collapse strollers and carts before boarding the bus. Keep small children and bags on your lap.
- Children under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult in all MATS facilities and vehicles or be certified by MATS.
- Remain seated, when possible, while the bus is in motion.
- Keep hands, arms and other objects inside the bus.
- No eating, drinking, smoking, or use of electronic cigarettes on board the bus.
- No use of profanity or insulting language or gestures.
- No yelling, roughhousing, or throwing of objects.
- No loitering, panhandling, soliciting or other acts prohibited by law.
- Do not use spray perfumes or aerosols on the bus.
- Do not use radios, music players, cell phones, or other sound producing devices without headphones.
- No animals are allowed on the bus except for guide/service animals.
- Dress appropriately and maintain personal hygiene so that personal odor does not become offensive.