- Using the MATS system map, decide where you want to go.
- Determine if you need to transfer to another route to reach your destination.
- Always be at the bus stop five (5) minutes before the published bus stop time.
- As the bus approaches, confirm the route name by checking the LED sign above the windshield.
- Have the exact fare or your bus pass ready. (Driver’s are unable to make change).
- Once you’ve paid your fare move to a vacant seat.
- About one block before your destination, pull the bell cord located above and between the windows. Call MATS for more information at 231-724-6420.
RULES FOR RIDING THE BUSES
- MATS reserves the right to deny service or to have a passenger removed from the bus or MATS property for displaying poor conduct or violating system rules.
- Have the exact fare or bus pass ready; drivers are unable to make change.
- Ask for transfers immediately upon boarding.
- If accessing reduced fares, you must show your Reduced-Fare Card each time you board the bus.
- Keep aisles clear. Collapse strollers and carts before boarding the bus. Keep small children and bags on your lap.
- Children under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult in all MATS facilities and vehicles or be certified by MATS.
- Remain seated, when possible, while the bus is in motion.
- Keep hands, arms and other objects inside the bus.
- No eating, drinking, smoking, or use of electronic cigarettes on board the bus.
- No use of profanity or insulting language or gestures.
- No yelling, roughhousing, or throwing of objects.
- No loitering, panhandling, soliciting or other acts prohibited by law.
- Do not use spray perfumes or aerosols on the bus.
- Do not use radios, music players, cell phones, or other sound producing devices without headphones.
- No animals are allowed on the bus except for guide/service animals.
- Dress appropriately and maintain personal hygiene so that personal odor does not become offensive.
All Muskegon Area Transit System buses are equipped with a lift or ramp making it possible for persons who are mobility-impaired to use the bus system. These ramps are designed to be ADA-compliant and will accommodate most mobility devices. Persons whose disabilities require modifications to MATS services to make it accessible should contact MATS at (231) 724-6420 or visit www.matsbus.com/ada-reasonable-modifications for information on requesting reasonable modifications. Please Note: MATS information can be supplied in alternative formats and/or languages upon request.
TITLE VI CIVIL RIGHTS NOTICE
The Muskegon Area Transit System is committed to providing quality public transportation services without regard to race, color, or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Questions or concerns regarding Title VI obligations may be addressed to the MATS Transit Systems Manager at 2624 Sixth Street, Muskegon, MI 49444.
Want some hands-on training on how to ride the bus? Workshops are held regularly the last Thursday of every month at Health West. You should arrive at 1:20 pm to attend the workshop and you need to RSVP in advance to attend. Contact Jason Tubergen, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-724-6420. If you have a group of 10 or more, you can also arrange for a private workshop for your group.